Richard Berwanger, Jr.
General Counsel & Partner, Litigation Department
Richard is the General Counsel & Partner of the litigation department at Frost Law’s. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge in general litigation matters. Richard is able to efficiently navigate complex litigation matters and advise clients on risk management strategies.
Richard has appeared on panels by the MSBA Ethics Committee and has co-authored several publications. Prior to joining Frost Law, Richard was a partner at a reputable regional insurance defense litigation firm. He is also admitted to practice in Maryland, D.C., U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- University of Maryland, 2005, B.S., Finance
- University of Baltimore Merrick School of Business, 2008, M.B.A.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, 2008, J.D.
- Panelist – MSBA Ethics Committee’s Program titled “’But My Client Said…’: An Attorney Grievance Peer Review Panel Demonstration” – June 2015
- Panelist – MSBA Ethics Committee’s Program titled “Name that Sanction – Can Similar Conduct Lead to Different Sanctions?” – June 2013
- Co-Author – “Social Media and Juror Contact: Lawyers Still Have to Play By the Rules,”
The Maryland Litigator, February 2015
- Co-Author – “The MSBA’s Updated Answer to Discovery Disputes: Proposed Revisions to the Discovery Guidelines of the Maryland State Bar Association,” The Maryland Litigator, May 2014
- Co-Author – “Case Update: Court of Special Appeals Extends Application of Absolute Judicial Privilege,” The Maryland Litigator, May 2014
- Co-Author – Emotional Distress Damages in Legal Malpractice Claims – An Attorney’s Defense, MSBA BAR BULLETIN, October 15, 2010
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
- MSBA Discovery Guidelines Committee
Awards & Honors
- Maryland SuperLawyer or Rising Star, 2014-2022