Michele R. Kendus
Litigation Attorney with 19 years of experience representing clients in premises liability, toxic tort, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical and medical product liability, and other personal injury claims in Maryland’s State and Federal Courts.
• Trial Attorney with significant experience as lead trial counsel before juries in Maryland State and Federal Courts.
• Professional communication and negotiation skills honed through a combined 13 years in clinical, risk and litigation management in the Johns Hopkins Medical System, and 19 years as a litigation attorney.
• Trained Mediator and Leader who promotes a philosophy of collaboration and team building.
• Skilled in developing persuasive written and oral presentations through careful analysis of the audience, the facts and the law.
• Proven research, writing and analytical skills with significant experience before Maryland’s appellate courts.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Civil Litigation – Plaintiff
- 50% Civil Litigation – Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Maryland, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2001
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. cum laude – 2000
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.S. – 1987
- Major: Nursing
- Enough Is Enough: Reining In The Substantial Factor Test For Causation, For The Defense, 61, Jan., 2013
- Proving/Disproving Damages, HB Litigation Conferences, 2014
- Dealing with Difficult Judges, National Business Institute, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
Pro Bono Activities
- Baltimore City Circuit Courts Attorney Volunteer: conduct pretrial settlement conferences , 2017 – Present
- Marlyand Volunteer Lawyer Services, 2001 – Present