Certified Public Accountant, M.S.T.
Prior to joining the firm in January of 2017, Joan Leanos had her own accounting practice, J.E. Leanos & Company CPA’s from 1981 through 2012. She merged her firm with Toal, Griffith & Ragula LLC in September of 2012 where she was a Director until January of 2017.
Throughout her career Joan has focused on Individual, Small Business, Estate and Trust tax preparation, and IRS Controversy for her clients. Joan just finished her 45th tax season.
Areas of Practice
- Estate, Individual and Corporate Tax Preparation
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD,
BS Major Finance 1975
- University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
Certificate in Accounting 1979
- American University, Washington, DC
Masters of Science in Taxation 1993
- Certified Public Accountant, August 1980
State of Maryland
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Society of Tax and Accounting Professionals
- SmartVault 2017 Nice List Rising Star Award
- Smart CEO’s Power Players Awards in 2014