Eli S. Noff
Chair, Tax Controversy
Email: Contact Us
Eli has been a part of Frost Law since it began. His tireless efforts in all aspects of the firm’s practice have been instrumental in fueling the firm’s success and growth.
Eli was a Legal Extern at the Internal Revenue Service Office of Chief Counsel, where he conducted legal research, analyzed cases for potential strengths and weaknesses, participated in settlement conferences, drafted proposed factual stipulations to comply with court rules, and drafted several pleadings and motions.
Eli also managed a team of accountants at the Baltimore Creating Assets Savings and Hope Campaign, a non-profit tax preparation organization, where he prepared income tax returns for moderate-income families, provided tax expertise to tax preparers, ensured quality review, and maintained the site in accordance with IRS regulations. Under Eli’s supervision, his team was awarded the Quality Tax Preparer Award for the lowest number of organization-wide rejected returns.
Eli is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor with honors. Eli is an active member of the American Bar Association and the Maryland State Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Maryland and is a licensed Maryland CPA. He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star.
Eli is a husband and father of four and enjoys traveling and spending time with his family. His ultimate goal at Frost Law is to utilize his analytical skills to quickly and proficiently identify problems within tax cases and solve problems favorably for his clients.
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court of the District of Maryland
- United States Tax Court
- Federal Court of Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Chair of the American Bar Association Committee on Tax Collection, Bankruptcy, and Workouts (incoming Chair Spring 2021)
- Chair of the American Citizens Abroad Israel Chapter
- Associate member of Maryland State Bar Association Tax Section
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
- Member of the Collection Due Process Initiative
- Maryland Volunteer Legal Services Mentorship Program
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College
- University of Memphis
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland
Awards and Honors
- SUPER LAWYERS RISING STARS: 2015 – 2021
- Top Lawyers of Maryland 2020
- Assisting Individuals & Small Businesses with Significant Tax Debts in IRS Collections
- International Tax Compliance: How to Disclose Foreign Bank Accounts
- Payroll Tax and Personal Liability — What You Need to Know!
- PPP Loan Forgiveness After Passage of the PPP Flexibility Act of 2020
- IRS Domestic Voluntary Disclosure Guidance – How to Bring a Non-Compliant Client into Compliance
- PPP Forgiveness Update: The Latest SBA Forgiveness Application, Instructions and Guidance
- CPE Dinner Series – Managing Spouses Joint & Several Tax Liabilities
- Settling Tax Debt When Bankruptcy May Be A Better Option
- How to Represent Your Clients in the IRS and State Collection Process
- Handling IRS Examinations of Individuals and Small Business Taxpayers
- International Tax Compliance – How to Disclose Foreign Bank Accounts
- Assisting Individuals and Small Businesses with Significant Tax Debts in IRS Collections
- The Paycheck Protection Program and Important CARES Act Benefits to Help You and Your Clients
- 2016 Annual Meeting on Offshore Account Compliance
ABA National Panels
- Updates on IRS Enforcement Post-COVID
- Civil and Criminal Tax Conference
- 2019 May Tax Meeting – Current Enforcement Priorities in IRS Collection
- 2019 Midyear Tax Meeting Featured Panelist
The “Money, Riches & Wealth” Podcast on TalkRadio 680 WCBM
The Goldstein on Gelt Show